Website and Mobile Application Privacy Notice
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our Site and Application, we collect certain information from users.
Information We Collect
In operating our Site and Application, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided to us when you create a “Trucker” or “Broker” account on our Site or through our Application, which may include, but is not limited to your name, telephone number, address, driver’s license number, insurance and driving record information, vehicle telematics, real-time geolocational data, DOT number, work assignments and payroll documents and/or invoices.
- Information provided to us when you create a “Contractor” or “Broker” account on our Site or through our Application, which may include, but is not limited to your name, telephone number, address, requested work assignments and payment information.
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our Site and Application, such as name, address, mobile number and e-mail address.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
By submitting a telephone number to Haul Hub you agree that Haul Hub can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. You agree that all communications from Haul Hub to you will be delivered to your mobile telephone number through texts/SMS messaging.
A “cookie” is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s or device’s hard drive. Once you agree, this cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer or device. They help us and our affiliates to improve our Site and Application. They present the content from our Site and Application in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
All computers and devices have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Site and Application.
We do not track our users across time or across websites.
We do not use flash cookies on our Site or in our Application.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and/or services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our services and/or products;
- To contact you regarding a work assignment and/or invoice or payment;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our Site and Application;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of our Site and Application traffic and usage patterns;
- To analyze trends;
- To conduct data analytics to help contractors optimize costs, wait times, truck usage, etc. by providing individual and fleet metrics.
- If you are a trucker, to track your location in order to provide our services; while you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings, trucker location is core to Haul Hub’s services and without it we can’t provide our services to you or contractors.
- If you are a trucker, to track your use of your vehicle during work assignments; while you can prevent your device from sharing information relating to your vehicle’s speed, direction, height, acceleration or deceleration, location, movements, status and behavior through your device’s operating system settings, telematics information from trucker’s vehicles is core to Haul Hub’s services and without it we can’t provide our services.
To secure your information, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site and Application.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site and Application, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide products and/or services to you or to perform data analytics as set forth above. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our products and/or services or data analytics processes, including but not limited to, e.g. Wex, Bill.com, QuickBooks, Docusign, Stripe, Twilio, and Sendgrid. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties, such as:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Third Party Websites and Mobile Applications
By accessing third party websites or mobile applications through our Site and Application, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites and mobile applications. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Site and Application are designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using our Site and Application, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older.
We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site or in our Application. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site and Application. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these Terms on their behalf.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided personally identifiable information to us, you may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s Shine the Light law. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: 833-428-5482 or email@example.com.
If you are a resident of California, effective January 1, 2020, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
a) to know what categories of personal information about you we have collected and used, including how the personal information was collected;
b) to know that your personal information has not been sold;
c) to access your personal information, including the right to download or transfer personal information collected during the previous 12 months (click here for more information on “Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights”);
d) to request that your personal information be deleted (click here for more information on “ Deletion Request Rights”); and
e) to equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If You are a California resident and want to exercise any of the rights set forth above, please contact us at 833-428-5482 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, please put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of Your request, as well as Your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In Your request, You need to attest to the fact that You are a California resident and provide a current California address for Our response.
Access to Your Information
If you are a resident of Canada and you wish to access the personal information that we hold about you, you should submit a written request to Haul Hub at the address or email address indicated below in the “Contacting Us” section. Haul Hub will respond to your request, or deny your request as permitted by applicable law(s), within 30 days of our receipt of the request. We may extend that time period an additional 30 days if we are permitted to do so by applicable law(s).
Additionally, if you are a resident of Canada, at your request and where the law requires us to do so, we will make good faith efforts to update and/or correct your information, remove your information, fulfill specific opt-out requests, provide non-proprietary/non-confidential information about our policies and practices relating to the management of your information, and/or correct any inaccuracies in your personal information if you contact us at email@example.com to submit such requests. We may decline to process a request that is unreasonable, jeopardizes the rights or privacy of others, is impractical or for which access is not otherwise required.
Haul Hub, Inc.
2 Merrimack St., 5th Fl.
Haverhill, MA 01830
Effective May 15, 2020
For CCPA Rights Hyperlink:
Your Rights and Choices
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Haul Hub disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Haul Hub delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech protect the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either calling us at 833-428-5482 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person that we collected information about. We will not require you to incur any costs or fees in order to process or provide a verifiable request.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of a verifiable consumer request within ten (10) business days and provide information about how we will process the request. We will provide a response to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) calendar days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 calendar days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing, either by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person that we collected information about.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
Additionally, we do not intend to market to any individual under the age of 18, and we expressly prohibit, anyone under the age of 16 from disclosing or submitting any personal information to us through our Site or other means.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, the “Shine the Light” law, permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at 833-428-5482 or send an email to: email@example.com.